CROCS FOR ORPHAN TOTS:

Collecting new and used Crocs for 200 orphans in the Congo, Africa.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Plaster Rock on Board!

x
I just got off the phone with my Dad ( Dr. Barry). He just finished a school assembly meeting at the middle school in town. He said there were 200 or more children there and they were all excited about the project. They got to ask questions about the children in Africa and about the project. In the past 7 days they have collected over 70 crocs and that is just the beginning. This is so exciting. It is one of those things that keeps on surprising me the enthusiasm that this project is met with. Having shoes is one of those simple things we take for granted here in the western world and yet for many it is a struggle to find food much less shoes. These children in the D. R. Congo will be so blessed with a pair of crocs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Barry is our family doctor and when my 16 year old daughter came home and told us about this cause I wanted to help spread the word. I created a facebook group in hopes of raising more awareness as well as encouraging more familys to donate crocs or money to help with shipping costs. I also am wondering if it is OK to approach local merchants with this idea and see if they are willing to help out. Could you email me so I can give you some more of the ideas that I have in mind. ninabj@hotmail.com. Here is the link to the facebook group I created
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21119405990

LoopsDesigns - Sarah Dible said...

Nina. I love your help and enthusiasm spreading the word about this project. I joined the facebook group and will post a link to the blog. I have been away for a little trip so I had not seen your comment until this morning. Thanks again for your help with this.