CROCS FOR ORPHAN TOTS:

Collecting new and used Crocs for 200 orphans in the Congo, Africa.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

How do the Crocs get to the orphans?


I wish we could just mail the crocs as we receive them. Unfortunately if they were mailed they would probably never arrive. The mail to their region gets sifted through many times over and the Crocs would end up stolen before they even arrived. There are really only two ways to get them over there:
  1. Ship a large container over by ship. This is very slow and expensive but is sometimes necessary to get large quantities or large items over there. This method is also very costly. It can cost in excess of ten thousand dollars for a container to be transported there. What tends to happen is that projects collect many donations and items until they have enough to fill a container and then the container will ship. So until there is enough to fill a container, nothing goes.
  2. Hand delivered by someone or several people traveling over to the orphanage. My father goes over several times a year and takes as much as he can. That is how the last shipment of crocs arrived. The kids were so elated to have some good shoes to protect their feet.
Keep the crocs coming and we will keep you updated on this project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am touched by your cause. I don't have time to read everything you have posted at the moment, but I will. I will also support you in whatever way I can. I'm thinking get this cause through to Rosie O'Donnell. She'd love it! She loves crocs. And your jewelry is fantastic, too!

LoopsDesigns - Sarah Dible said...

Thanks Lisa for your support. I will look into the Rosie thing. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I would love to get my school involved in this project. Are you still collecting the Crocs? What would we need to do? Any more information would be great. Thanks so much,

Amy